This blog is being shared as part of a blog exchange between the Safety Pharmacology Society and SOT.
The Safety Pharmacology Society (SPS) would like to invite all SOT members to join us online October 4–8, 2021, for a full program on topics covering all areas of safety pharmacology, drug discovery, toxicology, and regulatory updates.
Scientific Sessions on Toxicology Topics
The SPS meeting includes a variety of sessions that may be of interest to SOT members, and all sessions will be available live and on-demand:
- A Clinician’s View of Safety Pharmacology Studies Keynote
- Seizure-Liability Session
- Role of Safety Pharmacologists in Consortia—Driving Novel Scientific Methods and Best Practices
- Integrated Cardiovascular Environmental Hazard Assessment: A Pipeline Approach Keynote
- Regulatory Session on SEND
We also have a variety of Partner Talks from our exhibitors and sponsors highlighting additional topics of interest during the week.
Continuing Education Opportunities
For those looking to dive deeper into content, five Continuing Education (CE) courses are being offered in 2021, and all courses are available live and on-demand.
Pro Tip! Although we hold our CE courses in conjunction with our Annual Meeting, you do not need to register for the meeting to participate in a CE course! Simply select “CE Course Only” when registering to take advantage of our CE courses. The courses to be offered in 2021 are:
- Nonclinical Components of Integrated QTc Assessment Proposed in Emerging ICH E14/S7B Q&As (September 30)
- Translational Science in Safety Pharmacology and Implications in the Clinic—Where Are We? (September 30)
- Safety of Novel Therapeutic Modalities: Scientific Considerations and Regulatory Guidance (October 1)
- Immunotherapy—Insights into Immunogenicity and Immunotoxicology (October 1)
- CNS Biomarkers of Mood Disorders and Drug Abuse: Where Are We? (October 11)
More Than Just Scientific Sessions!
Beyond the science and learning, our new online experience features robust interactivity and networking features such as attendee-to-attendee messaging, learning circles and topic-based discussion groups, early career speed networking, appointment-setting abilities, in-session chat, video chat, and so much more!
We hope you consider joining us in October. Registration will remain open throughout the meeting and throughout the on-demand window.#CollaborativeImpact#ContinuingEducation