CEd-Tox, the Society of Toxicology (SOT) online Continuing Education (CE) program, houses a library of CE courses covering a broad spectrum of toxicology topics from: Alternative and In Vitro Methods to Stem Cells; Epigenetics to Risk Assessment; Drug Hypersensitivity to Ocular Tox.
Graduate student and postdoc members of SOT receive free access to all online CE courses. Additionally, scientists in developing countries receive free access to all courses. English language transcriptions are available with registration for select online courses.
Originally launched five years ago, CEd-Tox now offers 41 online CE courses (mostly full length courses presented at past SOT Annual Meetings, as well as a few 45 minute Sunrise courses). These courses have become extremely popular for scientists who cannot travel to the SOT Annual Meetings, international scientists, postdocs, and graduate students.
But don’t just take our word for it. Here are some comments from past subscribers of CEd–Tox courses:
“These courses are a terrific resource and convenient; I'm very happy that SOT has provided this alternative to attending the live courses.”—Andrew Standeven, Amanita Consulting, LLC, El Dorado, California
“Through the great choice of speakers and topics for that particular session, I got a broad perspective and an immersive depth at the same time, about topics in green chemistry that I had no previous idea about. The speakers themselves were good, articulate speakers who were smooth to listen to and follow. The content they brought in was honest and interesting—very open, experience and discussion-based—not boring lecture style.”—Dhvani Parikh, PhD candidate 2014, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“We are using this course to help our internal CE (often in academia, we become so specialized that we lose sight of the forest for the trees).”—Steven Siciliano, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada.
These 2014 CE courses recorded as part of CEd-Tox now are available, along with electronic copies of the course books (“ebooks”).*
- Combination Products: Toxicology and Regulatory Challenges (Basic: 45 minute mini course)
- Computational and Experimental Aspects of microRNAs in Toxicology (Advanced)
- Current Trends in Genetic Toxicology Testing (Basic)
- Epidemiology for Toxicologists: What the Numbers Really Mean (Basic)
- Inhalation Studies: Challenges and Complexities (Basic)
- Methodologies in Human Health Risk Assessment (Basic)
- Nonclinical Animal Models Enabling Biopharmaceutical Advances in Translational Medicine (Basic)
- Nonclinical Pediatric Drug Development: Considerations, Study Designs, and Strategies (Basic)
- Stem Cells in Toxicology 2014 (Basic)
The refined search engine allows you to search for courses by year, title, topic, and speaker.
We invite you to visit the SOT website for complete course information.
*Course ebooks available only for 2014 online courses.