The Postdoctoral Assembly (PDA) of the Society of Toxicology is pleased to announce the 2013 Best Postdoctoral Publication Awards (BPPA). These awards recognize talented and outstanding postdoctoral researchers who have recently published exceptional papers in the field of toxicology as a result of postdoctoral research. The PDA requests that all SOT members encourage qualified postdoctoral scholars to apply and support them with your nomination. Three awards, each consisting of a plaque and a $250 cash award, will be presented at the PDA Luncheon during the 2013 SOT Annual Meeting. Further information, application, and nomination forms are found on the Best Postdoctoral Publication Awards web page. Should you have any questions, please contact David Szabo.
Eligibility for 2013 Nominations
- The research reported in the paper was conducted while the applicant was engaged in a postdoctoral research experience
- Applicant should be a member of SOT or membership application submitted by award application deadline
- First author on a peer-reviewed paper published online, in print, or in press, between October 1, 2011, and September 30, 2012, in the year preceding the application deadline.
- Review articles must contain unique data, methods, and/or analysis (such as meta-analyses, decision analyses, etc.).
- Co-first authored papers will be accepted, with clear delineation of applicant’s effort
- Application must be supported by letter from the research advisor
- Only one paper may be submitted by each applicant
- Leaders of the PDA are eligible but applicants will not participate in the award determination
Applications are due by 12:00 Midnight Eastern Time on October 9, 2012.