Attention Postdoctoral Members of the Society of Toxicology (SOT): please consider serving in one of the open officer positions on the 2019–2020 Postdoctoral Assembly (PDA) Executive Board. You may nominate yourself or one of your Postdoctoral colleagues. The mission of the PDA is to facilitate the professional development of the SOT postdoctoral membership in the science of toxicology. The elected Board, which oversees PDA activities, consists of a Chair, Vice-Chair, Secretary, Treasurer, and two Councilors.
Officers use their leadership skills throughout the year to organize events such as professional development webinars and the Best Postdoctoral Publication Award, scientific sessions, Postdoctoral Luncheon, Poster Tours for Trainees, and a special career-networking event at the Annual Meeting. Serving on the PDA Executive Board provides an excellent opportunity to network with other postdocs and more senior SOT members, while helping your fellow postdocs and graduate students advance their own careers.
For 2019–2020, the following positions will be open:
- Vice-Chair (2-year position which transitions to the Chair)
- Secretary (2-year position)
- Treasurer (1-year position)
- Councilor (2, 1-year positions)
Responsibilities for these positions can be found on ToXchange.
- SOT Postdoctoral or Graduate Student Member (will apply for Postdoctoral Membership)
- In a formally mentored postdoctoral position by February 1, 2019
- Will be a postdoc for more than half of the term of service (May 1, 2019–April 30, 2020)
Please note that PDA officers cannot serve as a postdoc representative to any SOT Committee, Specialty Section, Regional Chapter, or Special Interest Group during their term of office.
To nominate yourself or another SOT postdoc, send the nominee name and a 150-word biosketch containing:
- Education information—including degrees obtained and universities attended
- Research field and interests
- SOT involvement and attendance
- Previous leadership roles
Send to Rachel Woodson by Monday, December 17.
The Postdoctoral Assembly Executive Board