SOT is sharing information on this workshop because of its potential interest to SOT members and its alignment with the Society’s mission. –Leigh Ann Burns Naas, PhD, SOT President 2018–2019
You are invited to the 2nd New Approach Methodologies Use for Regulatory Application (NURA) Training. The workshop will be held May 21–22, 2019.
Companies submitting information to the US Environmental Protection Agency under TSCA are learning how to incorporate new approach methodologies (NAMs). This knowledge is becoming valuable for FIFRA and other international regulations. Come familiarize yourself with how to incorporate these useful methods into your testing strategies, consulting, and safety assessments. PCRM and the Institute for In Vitro Sciences (IIVS) have partnered with regulators, industry personnel, and toxicology experts to host another free training that you won’t want to miss.
Program highlights include:
- expert presentations and demonstrations outlining currently available in vitro methods for skin sensitization, eye irritation, and more
- hands-on demonstrations with the latest QSAR, cheminformatics, and other computational tools
- US EPA implementation of the strategic plan for NAMs and the New Chemical Program
- how to incorporate exposure assessment and green chemistry using NAMs
- contract organizations and consultants for NAMs