Graduate students who will be PhD candidates in toxicology at the time of the 2020 SOT Annual Meeting—March 15–19, 2020—are eligible to apply for Graduate Student Travel Support to fund travel to the meeting in Anaheim. The application deadline for this travel support is October 9, 2019, and interested students may apply via the SOT Annual Meeting website.
To qualify for travel support, applicants must be presenting during a Platform or Poster Session during the SOT Annual Meeting; thus, abstract acceptance is a requirement for this award. Please note that although the deadline to submit an abstract for the Annual Meeting is October 18, the deadline to apply for this award is October 9. Applicants also must be Student members of SOT or have a membership application pending at the time of applying for the travel support. Doctoral candidates delivering a platform or poster presentation at the 2020 Annual Meeting who are not yet Student members of the Society should apply for membership by September 30, 2019.
Those accepted for Student membership in the Society before the end of 2019 will qualify for the Student member rate during the Annual Meeting early-bird registration period. Membership applications should be submitted early to ensure eligibility for both Graduate Student Travel Support and the discounted Annual Meeting registration rate.
Recipients are selected by a randomized process, giving priority to students most senior in graduate school, and individuals who have previously received this funding are not eligible to receive the award again. The SOT Awards Committee determines funding amounts for this award each year.
- September 30, 2019: due date for SOT membership applications.
- Note: sponsor letter from your advisor/mentor required.
- October 9, 2019: due date for Graduate Student Travel Support applications.
- October 18, 2019: deadline for SOT Annual Meeting abstract submission.
- Note: you must submit an abstract electronically via the online Abstract Submission System and provide the control ID number assigned to your abstract in your application for SOT Graduate Student Travel Support.