The Society is pleased to announce the following recipients of the Colgate-Palmolive Sponsored Awards, Grants, and Postdoctoral Fellowship:
Colgate-Palmolive Award for Student Research Training in Alternative Methods: Presented to a graduate student to support research training using in vitro methods or alternative techniques to reduce, replace or refine use of animals in toxicological research.
· Laura E. Armstrong BS, University of Rhode Island, Kingston, Rhode Island
· Christin M. Grabinski MS, US Air Force Research Laboratory, Dayton, Ohio
Colgate-Palmolive Grant for Alternative Research: Presented to a scientist at any stage of career progression to identify and support efforts that promote, develop, refine, or validate scientifically acceptable animal alternative methods to facilitate the safety assessment of new chemicals and formulations.
· Patricia E. Ganey PhD, Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan
· Matthew Troese PhD, MB Research Laboratories, Spinnerstown, Pennsylvania
Colgate-Palmolive Postdoctoral Fellowship Award in In Vitro Toxicology: Presented to a postdoctoral trainee to advance the development of alternatives to animal testing in toxicological research.
· Jonathan Henry Shannahan PhD, University of Colorado Hospital, Aurora, Colorado
The Colgate-Palmolive Awards, Grants, and Postdoctoral Fellowship will be presented at the SOT Awards Ceremony in Phoenix, Arizona, on Sunday, March 23, 2014, from 5:15 pm–6:30 pm in the Phoenix Convention Center.