Each year, with assistance from several Society of Toxicology (SOT) groups, including the Specialty Sections and Special Interest Groups that share in the responsibility for review of the Annual Meeting proposals, an impressive program is developed that provides attendees with an opportunity to learn about emerging fields and gain access to cutting-edge research in the field of toxicology.
We hope you will submit an abstract of your most recent research results for the upcoming 2019 SOT Annual Meeting in Baltimore. In addition to submitting an abstract, we’d like to invite you to consider volunteering to serve as a chairperson for the poster and platform sessions that will be programmed.
Listed below are the categories in which authors can submit their abstracts. During the Scientific Program Committee review, these broad session topics are broken down into subtopics related to these categories.
With the introduction of all-day poster sessions, all Monday through Wednesday poster sessions will require up to four chairpersons for each poster session, with at least one chair who is an SOT member. Chairs will be assigned to one of four time slots during the all-day poster sessions.
Platform sessions require two chairpersons, with at least one chair who is an SOT member.
If you are interested in volunteering to chair a session, please visit the 2019 SOT Annual Meeting website to review the poster chair and platform chair guidelines: Poster chair guidelines and platform chair guidelines.
To volunteer to serve as an SOT session chairperson, please click here to provide your information, including the topic(s) of interest. If selected, you will be sent an invitation in early December requesting your assistance.
The categories listed below are used by the Scientific Program Committee to group abstracts focusing on similar subjects as well as for session programming:
- Air Pollution Toxicology
- Air Pollution: Ozone
- Air Pollution: Particulate Matter
- Alternatives to Mammalian Models
- Animal Models
- Biological Modeling
- Biotransformation/Cytochrome P450
- Cardiovascular Toxicology/Hemodynamics
- Cell Death/Apoptosis
- Chemical & Biological Weapons
- Clinical and Translational Toxicology
- Computational Toxicology and Data Integration
- Developmental and Juvenile Toxicology
- Developmental Basis of Adult Disease
- Education, Ethical, Legal and Social Issues
- Emerging Technologies
- Endocrine Toxicology
- Epidemiology and Public Health
- Exposure Assessment/Biomonitoring
- Food Safety/Nutrition
- Gene Regulation/Signal Transduction
- Genotoxicity/DNA Repair
- Medical Devices
- Nanotoxicology, General
- Nanotoxicology, In Vitro
- Nanotoxicology, In Vivo
- Natural Products
- Neurodegenerative Disease
- Neurotoxicity, Developmental
- Neurotoxicity, General
- Neurotoxicity, Metals
- Neurotoxicity, Pesticides
- Ocular Toxicology
- Oxidative Injury and Redox Biology
- Perfluorinated Alkyl Substances (PFAS)
- Persistent Organic Pollutants (POPs)
- Reproductive Toxicology
- Respiratory Toxicology
- Risk Assessment
- Safety Assessment: Non-Pharmaceutical
- Safety Assessment: Pharmaceutical-Drug Development
- Safety Assessment: Pharmaceutical-Drug Discovery
- Stem Cell Biology and Toxicology
- Systems Biology and Toxicology