During the 2014 Society of Toxicology Annual Meeting and ToxExpo this past March, SOT engaged one of its greatest assets—its members!—to help cover the scientific sessions and events happening throughout the Phoenix Convention Center. These intrepid reporters were everywhere, from the continuing education courses on Sunday to symposium sessions and from trainee discussions with our guest lecturers to poster sessions on the ToxExpo floor. What resulted from their efforts were more than 50 blog posts illuminating the wonderful discussions and presentations that were occurring throughout the meeting so that even those not in attendance—or those in attendance, but unable to attend a specific session—were able to experience this year’s meeting.
While these reporters’ names appeared as bylines on pieces throughout the meeting, we wanted to take some time and recognize them here for their extraordinary efforts, as each wrote multiple pieces throughout the meeting and often delivered them within hours of sessions’ completions to bring you the action as quickly as possible. We are indebted to their grace under pressure!
Thank you to:
- Maureen Bunger, SciKon Innovation, Inc.
- Laurie Davenport, Postdoctoral, University of Cincinnati
- Jason Michael Fritz, US Environmental Protection Agency
- Mary Beth Genter, University of Cincinnati
- Christopher Matthew Harris, Graduate Student, Queen’s University, Canada
- Yvonne Dao Hoang, Givaudan Flavors Corporation
- Izabela Korwel, Postdoctoral, University of Iowa
- Janet Leeds, Portola Pharmaceuticals
- Betina J. Lew, Church & Dwight
- Lois D. Lehman-McKeeman, SOT Past President
- Peter Petrochenko, student, University of North Carolina
- Gary O. Rankin, Marshall University
- Jennifer L Rayner, SRC, Inc.
- Karilyn E. Sant, Graduate Student, University of Michigan
- Margaret H. Whittaker, ToxServices LLC
In case you missed any of the wonderful posts produced by your fellow members, we’ll be re-featuring them in the Communiqué blog over the next few weeks.