With the generous involvement of many different collaborating toxicology societies, the SOT Education and Career Development Committee recently released the 11th Triennial Toxicology Salary Survey to the SOT membership. If you have not already taken the survey, we would like to hear from you. SOT Full and Associate members were sent an email on May 5 with a link to the survey; please email SOT Headquarters to request that the link be resent to you if needed. As a reminder, the survey will be open until May 31, 2021.
Your participation is earnestly sought and greatly appreciated so that a valid cross-section of the profession may be obtained. Survey forms are completely anonymous, and data will be reported in the aggregate only.
How the survey results benefit you:
- Identify pay standards and potential inequities among toxicologists
- Act as a tool for negotiating salary, benefits, and promotions
- Provide insight for attracting best talent and support for diversity and inclusion efforts
- Assist with career planning—higher education; certification; changing employers, sectors, or disciplines
- Inform SOT and other societies of underemployment and help with designing education and career development programs
When compiled and analyzed, the full results of this survey, along with previous survey results, may all be accessed online.
New this year for SOT members only, the SOT Regional Chapter, Special Interest Group, or Specialty Section that has the highest response rate will receive $300 for use toward a mentoring event or trainee meeting registration.
We hope that you will offer your time and participate in this survey to establish an accurate picture of salary information within the profession.#Members#CallforExperts#EducationandCareerDevelopment