It is here: Season 3 of the SOT Adverse Reactions podcast!
Comprised of seven episodes, Season 3 is exploring when and how toxicology intersects with other scientific disciplines. As always, SOT members Anne Chappelle and David Faulkner are your hosts for the journey.
Starting today, a new episode will be released every Thursday through August 3. In the first episode titled “Up in Smoke: Where Cannabis Meets the Immune System,” Barbara Kaplan, PhD, Mississippi State University, discusses research into the role of cannabinoid receptors, how they may affect the immune system, and differences between CBD, THC, vaping, and more.
Here is the full release schedule for Adverse Reactions Season 3:
- June 22—“Up in Smoke: Where Cannabis Meets the Immune System,” featuring Dr. Kaplan
- June 29—“Estradiol Complicates Everything: Toxicology across the Gender Spectrum,” featuring Troy Roepke, PhD, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
- July 6—“Bringing Cohorts in Cahoots with Lab Science,” featuring Julie Goodman, PhD, DABT, ACE, ATS, Gradient
- July 13—“Tox in the Family: Generational Exposure and DDT,” featuring Barbara Cohn, PhD, Public Health Institute
- July 20—“The Big Picture of Small Things: Nanotoxicology,” featuring Timothy Nurkiewicz, PhD, West Virginia University
- July 27—“Pitfalls in Pharmaceutical Production: Protecting the Actual Drug Makers,” featuring Elizabeth Vancza, PhD, DABT, Merck & Co. Inc.
- August 3—“Toxicology, Environmental Health Law, and Justice (w.t.),” featuring Claudia Polsky, JD, MAS, University of California Berkeley
Listen or subscribe to Adverse Reactions on all the major podcast platforms.
Have ideas for future guests, topics, or themes? Email SOT Communications Director Michelle Werts.