The Postdoctoral Assembly (PDA) is pleased to announce that Guide sign-up is open until January 28 for the Annual Poster Tours for Trainees event during the SOT Annual Meeting. The PDA is currently requesting SOT Full and Associate members to sign up as Guides to lead a poster tour this year. Postdocs and graduate students will have an opportunity to sign up for tours in early February.
In previous years, the Poster Tours event has received an overwhelmingly positive response; these tours provide graduate students and postdocs an opportunity to shadow an expert toxicologist and take part in critical evaluation of cutting-edge toxicology methods and research findings in a field of their choice. This event also provides an outstanding mentoring and networking opportunity for Guides, postdoctoral scientists, and graduate students.
To coordinate the selection of times and topics, those interested in serving as Guides should visit the Online Planner, which contains an overview of the schedule of Poster Sessions. In the Program tab of the Online Planner, select the Poster Session filter under Session & Activity Type for the list of sessions. As a part of the sign-up, Guides will select the times (Monday through Wednesday) and topics they wish to cover with a group of trainees. Graduate students and postdoctoral scientists will then sign up for a one-hour guided poster tour with an expert toxicologist in an area of interest.
As a Guide, you will be asked to:
- Visit a minimum of three posters with the tour group
- Share why you wanted to visit each poster
- Discuss the next steps in that body of research with the tour group and the presenter
- Ask the presenter questions that help illustrate outstanding features of the work
- Discuss the components that participants may value in the chosen poster
- Introduce the participants to expert colleagues as you network with them along the way
- Offer career and networking advice to participants
Now is your time to participate in this event—sharing expertise, networking, and providing advice on research and careers. Please volunteer one hour of your time to show trainees the posters you would like to visit at the Annual Meeting in San Diego. Guide sign-up is open until January 28.#annualmeeting#CallforExperts#Postdocs#GraduateStudents