In a new blog last week, I shared that SOT is proceeding with an in-person meeting for 2022 and will meet in San Diego from March 27 to March 31. We will meet in San Diego as planned unless health authorities or governments ban large in-person gatherings or close businesses, merchants, and travel operations as happened at the start of the pandemic in March 2020.
This week, I want to highlight the enhanced meeting experiences that will be available to all attendees regardless of how you attend and those that will be unique to you if you attend in person.
If you are wondering why you should register for the meeting now amid uncertainty regarding travel to San Diego, it is because the scientific program for the 2022 meeting will be available to all registrants in the following ways:
- Most Scientific Sessions will be livestreamed on the SOT Event App and Online Planner.
- Registrants on- and off-site can submit questions during many of the livestreams—depending on whether the session has a designated question-and-answer period.
- All livestreamed sessions will be available to all registrants as on-demand recordings.
For those who can travel to San Diego for the meeting, the social, networking, and professional development events associated with the meeting are available only in San Diego and will not be livestreamed. The in-person-only activities include:
- ToxExpo and interactions with its 250+ exhibitors
- Continuing Education courses—video recordings of some courses will be added to the CEd-Tox online continuing education library by May 2022
- Poster Sessions and author engagement—authors can elect to upload e-versions of their posters that can be accessed from the SOT Event App and Online Planner
- Regional Chapter, Special Interest Group, and Specialty Section receptions and mentoring activities
Remember that registration for the meeting—whether planning to attend in-person or remotely—is required to participate in the 2022 enhanced meeting experience.
In addition, all registrants participating in the meeting on-site in San Diego are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 to acquire their badge, attend sessions, and engage in meeting activities. Additional protocols also may be instituted for the meeting as we continue to monitor recommendations from health authorities and adjust our meeting procedures. The most up-to-date information on all SOT meeting health and safety protocols is available on the “Health and Safety” web page on the Annual Meeting website.#annualmeeting