Each year, with assistance from several Society of Toxicology (SOT) groups including the Specialty Sections and Special Interest Groups that share in the responsibility for review of the Annual Meeting proposals, an impressive program is developed that provides attendees with an opportunity to learn about emerging topics and gain access to cutting–edge research in the field of toxicology.
SOT hopes that you will submit an abstract of your most recent research results for the upcoming 2017 SOT Annual Meeting in Baltimore. In addition to submitting an abstract, SOT would like to invite you to consider volunteering to serve as a chairperson for the poster and platform sessions that will be programmed.
Listed below are the categories in which authors can submit their abstracts. During the Scientific Program Committee review, these broad session topics are separated into subtopics related to these categories. As per SOT policy, there will be two chairpersons for each platform session, and each poster session can have either one or two chairpersons (at least one SOT member for each poster session). Platform sessions are required to have at least one chair who is an SOT member.
If you are interested in volunteering to chair a session, please visit the 2017 SOT Annual Meeting website to review the Platform Chair Guidelines, or the Poster Session Chair Guidelines.
To volunteer to serve as an SOT session chairperson, please complete the session chairperson volunteer form to provide your information, including the topic(s) of interest. If selected, you will be sent an invitation in early December requesting your assistance.
The deadline to submit an abstract is October 7, 2016, at 11:59 pm (US Eastern Time). The cost to submit an abstract is $50.
The categories listed below are used by the Scientific Program Committee to group abstracts focusing on similar subjects as well as for session programming.
- Air Pollution Toxicology
- Alternatives to Mammalian Models
- Animal Models
- Biological Modeling
- Biotransformation/Cytochrome P450
- Cardiovascular Toxicology/Hemodynamics
- Cell Death/Apoptosis
- Chemical & Biological Weapons
- Clinical and Translational Toxicology
- Computational Toxicology and Data Integration
- Developmental and Juvenile Toxicology
- Developmental Basis of Adult Disease
- Education, Ethical, Legal, and Social Issues
- Emerging Technologies
- Endocrine Toxicology
- Epidemiology and Public Health
- Exposure Assessment/Biomonitoring
- Food Safety/Nutrition
- Gene Regulation/Signal Transduction
- Genotoxicity/DNA Repair
- Inflammation in Disease
- Inflammation: Methods and Mechanisms
- Medical Devices
- Nanotoxicology, Carbon-Based Nanomaterials
- Nanotoxicology, Exposure, Dosimetry, and In Silico
- Nanotoxicology, General
- Nanotoxicology, In Vitro
- Nanotoxicology, In Vivo
- Natural Products
- Neurodegenerative Disease
- Neurotoxicity, Developmental
- Neurotoxicity, General
- Neurotoxicity, Metals
- Neurotoxicity, Pesticides
- Ocular Toxicology
- Oxidative Injury and Redox Biology
- Persistent Organic Pollutants (POPs)
- Pharmacogenomics/Genetic Polymorphisms
- Reproductive Toxicology
- Respiratory Toxicology
- Risk Assessment
- Safety Assessment: Non-Pharmaceutical
- Safety Assessment: Pharmaceutical-Drug Development
- Safety Assessment: Pharmaceutical-Drug Discovery
- Stem Cell Biology and Toxicology
- Systems Biology and Toxicology