As announced in December 2017, every member was encouraged to upload or update his/her profile picture on ToXchange. To provide additional incentive to do so by the end of 2017, we launched a year-ending ToXchange profile picture contest. Every Regional Chapter, Special Interest Group, and Specialty Section was automatically entered in the contest with the goal to achieve the highest percentage of members with an uploaded profile picture by January 1, 2018.
Component groups with the highest percentage of member profile pictures posted by January 1, 2018, receive an award stipend of $500 as travel support to the SOT Annual Meeting—to be dispersed at the discretion of the component group.
As component groups vary in the number of members, three levels of the competition were defined as follows:
- A) Component Groups with up to 150 members.
- B) Component Groups with 151–300 members.
- C) Component Groups with more than 301 members.
“Up to 150 members” Winner: Mixtures Specialty Section with 52% of members’ photos uploaded
“Up to 300 members” Winner: Hispanic Organization of Toxicologists Special Interest Group with 47% of members’ photos uploaded
“More than 301 members” Winner: Women in Toxicology Special Interest Group with 44% of members’ photos uploaded
Congratulations to these groups!
If you have not yet uploaded your profile picture on ToXchange, why not do it now? Go ahead, get recognized! You just might find it to be an “awarding” experience.
Now is the perfect time to post your profile picture, because the closer we get to the Annual Meeting (March 11-15, 2018), the more member searches there are on ToXchange. So put your face with your name, upload your profile picture today! Here’s how:
Go to Your MyPage:
1) From the My Options drop-down in the upper right corner, select "MyPage."
2) From your profile page, click on the "My Page” option on the left-hand side of the screen under “Options.”
This is what your My Page looks like:
Update Your Picture!
First, be sure to know where your picture file is located so that you may easily browse and select it to upload.
- On your MyPage, click “Update Picture.”
- Click the "Update File" button and browse for the picture file on your computer. You may upload a file as large as 2 MB only (most photos are between 1.0–1.5 MB).
- Click the OK button to upload your selected picture.