In response to a membership-expressed desire to include more timely research at the Annual Meeting, SOT is seeking proposals for Hot Topic Sessions for the 2022 Annual Meeting and ToxExpo in San Diego.
The Hot Topic Session(s) will be programmed as a 90- or 165-minute session. Proposal topics should focus on toxicology-related issues that have either arisen since the deadline for regular session proposals or peaked in interest to the scientific community and/or public.
For the 2022 Annual Meeting, Hot Topic proposals are due by Friday, February 11.
As with regular Symposium and Workshop Session proposals, Hot Topic proposals should include:
- The names and affiliations, including city, state, and country, of the Session Chairs
- The preferred duration of the session (90 or 165 minutes)
- For 90-minute proposals, no more than three presenters; for 165-minute proposals, no more than five presenters
- The affiliations, including city, state, country, and email address, of all presenters
- An overview abstract describing the session, as well as sufficiently detailed abstracts for each presentation topic
Endorsement by an SOT Component Group (Special Interest Group or Specialty Section) is not required.
Proposals should be submitted as an MS Word document (use of the cOASIS Proposal Submission Site is not required) and will be evaluated by the Scientific Program Committee in late February. An example of a proposal is available on the SOT website. Proposals should be directly emailed to SOT.
The Hot Topic Session offers an opportunity to present and discuss the timeliest toxicology-related science during the SOT Annual Meeting, and we look forward to your proposals.
If you have any questions on the Hot Topic Session proposal process, please email SOT Headquarters.#annualmeeting#CallforExperts