This blog was drafted by the American College of Medical Toxicology (ACMT) and is being shared as part of the collaborative relationship between SOT and ACMT.
After a two-year hiatus, the American College of Medical Toxicology (ACMT) is back for a fully in-person meeting in 2023, complete with all the networking and social opportunities that make ACMT events so rich with engagement. The ACMT Annual Scientific Meeting is taking place March 31–April 2 at the San Diego Marriott La Jolla in La Jolla, California. This meeting is an opportunity for specialists in medical toxicology, emergency medicine, addiction medicine, and many other related fields to gather and learn from the cutting-edge research of their peers. Additionally, ACMT will mark the 30th anniversary since its founding with several special activities. The early-bird registration rate is available through February 16.
Meeting highlights include:
- Two Pre-Meeting Symposia: AACT Symposium “DEI in Toxicology: What is Means for Patients and Learners” and ACMT Symposium “Self-Harm, Suicidality, and the Poisoned Patient: The Intersection of Toxicology and Mental Health”
- Eight Platform Presentations
- Seven Lightning Orals
- 21 Moderated Posters
- 172 Posters—this year features a record number of posters that will highlight cutting-edge original research and fascinating case studies!
- Four Professional Development Workshops
- The 30th Anniversary President’s Reception
- Engagement fun and prizes from the ACMT Store
- Zane Horowitz ACMT Career Achievement Award address “B Is for Botulism”
- Donovan Lectureship “Gut-Brain Axis and Psychoneuroendocrinology: Translation to Addiction Medicine”
- Toxicology Investigators Consortium (ToxIC) Reception
Continuing Medical Education (CME), Continuing Pharmacy Education (CPE), and Continuing Nursing Education (CNE) credits are available. This activity is expected to be approved for 14.25 Interprofessional Continuing Education (IPCE) credits for learning and change.
For more information, visit the meeting website or download the event brochure.