From the Postdoctoral Assembly Executive Board
Attention Postdoctoral Members of the Society of Toxicology (SOT), please consider serving in one of the open officer positions on the 2017–2018 Postdoctoral Assembly (PDA) Executive Board. Nominate yourself or one of your Postdoctoral colleagues. The mission of the PDA is to facilitate the professional development of the SOT postdoctoral membership in the science of toxicology. The elected Board, which oversees PDA activities, consists of a Chair, Vice-Chair, Secretary, Treasurer, and two Councilors.
Officers use their leadership skills throughout the year to organize events such as professional development webinars and the Best Postdoctoral Publication Award, scientific sessions, Postdoctoral Luncheon, Poster Tours for Trainees, and a special career-networking event at the Annual Meeting. Serving on the PDA Executive Board provides an excellent opportunity to network with other postdocs and more senior SOT members, while helping your fellow postdocs and graduate students advance their own careers.
For 2017–2018, the following positions will be open:
- Vice-Chair (2-year position that transitions to the Chair)
- Secretary (2-year position)
- Treasurer (1-year position)
- Councilor (2, 1-year positions)
Responsibilities for these positions can be found on ToXchange.
- SOT Postdoctoral or Graduate Student Member (will apply for Postdoctoral Membership)
- In a postdoctoral position by February 1, 2017
- Will be a postdoc for more than half of the term of service (May 1, 2017–April 30, 2018)
Please note that PDA officers cannot serve as a postdoc representative to any SOT Committee, Specialty Section, Regional Chapter, or Special Interest Group during the term of office.
To nominate yourself or another SOT postdoc, send the name of the nominee and a 150 word biosketch including the following:
- Education information, including degrees and universities attended
- Research field and interests
- SOT involvement and attendance
- Prior leadership roles
Please send nominations to Rachel Woodson by Monday, December 12, 2016.